Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rebooting a Life

I'm getting a late start kick-starting the new year with new resolutions. After three weeks of being sedentary post-op, it's time to unblock, to reboot my life. Yesterday, I started a cleanse using the Master Cleanse Lemonade detox regime. No food, no medications or supplements, no beverages other than pure water for 6-7 days. Day 2 and I'm doing great. Not a bit hungry. More energy.

I also want to start this year with more positive changes in my life than just cleansing my body. Changes that will cleanse my mind and spirit. I'm doing some personal housekeeping, sweeping out the cobwebs in my mind and dusting off some of my previous resolutions, reactivating or ramping them up for 2010.



Here is my list of 18 positive ways I'm rebooting my life.
  1. First thing I do when I wake up is to greet God and thank Him for whatever immediately comes to mind. Invite Him join me as I embark on a new day and ask Him to reveal to me what He would have me do to share His love.
  2. Drink a large glass of room temperature water to hydrate my system.
  3. Shower and dress (although a nice luxury, no more working from my home office in my PJs unless feeling under the weather).
  4. Continue to eat clean eat raw, drink more water and abide by the one o'clock rule - breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and dinner like a pauper. No starchy "super sugars" (breads, potatoes, rice, pasta or beans) after 1:00pm.
  5. After breakfast is my time to read in my Bible and pray. Update prayer journal daily with requests and answers to prayers.
  6. Set regular "work" hours and take regular visual breaks, as well as break to move around and stretch.
  7. Review and revise work priority-list and track progress, daily and weekly.
  8. Take a break late morning or in the afternoon to write something in my journal.
  9. Make life easier - make daily entries into bookkeeping system and do more menu planning.
  10. Write a handwritten letter or call a friend or family member I've been out of touch with for a while.
  11. Find new educational opportunities to avail myself of - cooking, writing, photography, and videography, software.... schedule more time, more often for sketching, painting, textiles....
  12. Spend time outdoors EVERY day. Walk to the post office rain or shine.
  13. Sign up for new volunteer opportunities to serve others in my local community.
  14. Exercise or walk prior to my last meal of the day.
  15. Take at least one photo or make one video every day - life is made of moments.
  16. Continue to live simply, use less, recycle more and reduce energy consumption at home.
  17. Watch movies less. Spend more time reading in the evenings.
  18. Print out my Reboot Agenda and post it in my office and on my refrigerator. Carry a copy with me. Add to or revise my list as needed.

What kind of changes or re-commitments have your made when you've rebooted your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment