Friday, May 7, 2010

Angelina's - "Baking to the Rythm of Life"

This time, I was away for six days visiting my family in Central Oregon, including a one-day round trip to Portland with my daughter in a blizzard. Snow conditions on the passes hindered the return trip I had planned for earlier in the week, but by waiting a couple more days I was able to celebrate Mother's Day early with my mom (video) and oldest daughter, and enjoy a beautiful drive home with sunshine and blue sky all the way.

I arrived in Sisters before 2:00pm, and took the time to stop by Angelina's Bakery to pick up a couple of my favorite gluten-free baked goods and have a quick bite of lunch to fuel up for the two hour drive back to Eugene on Santiam Pass.


While the staff was reheating my slice of gluten-free Polenta Pizza layered with marinara sauce, a medley of vegetables and vegan cheese, and preparing my salad of fresh greens, feta and balsamic vinaigrette, I ordered gluten-free baked goods - a freshly-baked Marionberry Morning Muffin and a 2-pound loaf of Angelina's "Outrageous Orange Cinnamon Swirl Rice Bread for treating us to french toast on Sunday morning, which will be Mother's Day breakfast at our house. Now, that was a mouth full of healthy gluten-free goodiness. Yummers!


Angelina's Bakery, a local newspaper review rating it "a little slice of heaven", has been in business since 1997. For more information about their history, stories, staff, events, dedicated gluten-free bakery, menus and baked goods and bake-at-home products, visit Angelina's online.

Wishing mothers and grandmothers everywhere a very Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment