4 medium green Bell Peppers
1 single package of unflavored Tempeh
1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/4 cup fresh Onion, minced
1/4 cup organic Catsup
1 cup soft gluten-free Bread Crumbs
1/2 teaspoon dried Basil Leaves
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Herbamare (vegetable salt)
1/4 teaspoon rubbed Sage
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup hot Water
1/2 teaspoon Better than Bouillon Vegetable Stock Paste
Shredded Diaya brand Mozerella Cheese (non-dairy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash peppers. Leave them whole, but cut off the tops, and removed the pulp and seeds, and rinse seeds from cavity.
- Steam the peppers upside down in a steamer or on the stove in a covered pot with a small amount of water to steam for five minutes.
- Brown the crumbled tempeh on medium heat in hot oil, adding onions, catsup, water, bread crumbs, basil leaves, salts, herbs and seasonings. Adjust salt, herbs and seasonings to taste.
- Fill the peppers with the tempeh mixture and place in a square or round glass baking dish.
- Dissolve vegetable stock base in 1/4 cup hot water and add to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil, then bake the peppers at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover the peppers, top with shredded cheese and paprika for another 10 minutes. If you want the cheese to bubble and brown a bit, you can broil for a few minutes.