2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound each of carrots and parsnips, peeled and cut into 4-inch sticks, cubed and/or diagonal slices
Sea Salt (or coarse kosher salt) and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
1 tablespoon blue agave sweetener or honey (wildflower)
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skilled over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots and parsnips.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until the vegetables begin to brown at the edges, about 12 minutes.
- Add the butter and agave sweetener to the vegetables.