Friday, December 26, 2014

The day after Christmas and all through the house...

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and are now looking forward to the New Year with hope in your hearts for many good things ahead for you and your's in 2015!

The day after Christmas and all through the house are signs of the holiday... cards, gifts, wrapping papers and bows, and sweet and savory homemade snacks to enjoy this coming week.

I made gluten-free cookies, white chocolate covered popcorn (addicting and so bad for you I won't share the recipe), and spicy pretzels, which I gave for gifts. Too big to be stocking stuffers, I put the spicy pretzels in decorative holiday bags and tins. Below is the spicy pretzel recipe our delightful neighbor, Andi, shared with me. Thanks, Andi! My batch was gluten-free. This snack will be great to enjoy while ringing in the New Year!



Spicy Pretzels

Ingredients

1/2 cup Canola Oil (I used Safflower Oil)
1 envelope dry Ranch Dressing mix
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (For the grandkid's sake, I reduced to 1/2 tsp. Perfect!)
1 large (20 oz.) bag of Pretzels (I used gluten-free)

Directions
  1. Pre-heat oven to 200-degrees.
  2. Put the pretzels in a large mixing bowl. 
  3. Whisk together the oil, dry dressing mix, garlic salt and cayenne in a small bowl.
  4. Drizzle all of the oil and spice mixture over the pretzels, and toss gently until completely coated.
  5. Spread the pretzels out evenly over the two baking sheets.
  6. Bake at 200-degrees for 75 minutes. 
  7. Cool completely before packaging.
  8. Instructions say to stir once during the cooking time, but I did not. They turned out great!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment