Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Reversing Diabetes with a Raw Foods Diet

A significant event that influenced why I decided to incorporating more raw foods into my diet is when I watched the documentary Simply Raw with friends at a raw foods meeting and potluck last fall. Having been informed by my doctor that my test results indicated that I am pre-diabetic (also, a genetic predisposition in the women in our family), which means if I don't watch my diet more closely, lose some weight and exercise regularly - I will become diabetic... the subtitle of the film Reverse Diabetes in 30 Days seriously piqued my interest. What I saw and learned was absolutely astonishing.

Based on what I have read and been told by the medical profession all my life, I believed that once a person becomes diabetic, their diabetes it's irreversible. The shocking truth is that diabetes can be avoided altogether and completely reversed in most diabetics - both Type I and Type II - in 30 days!

Because of the impact this documentary film has made on my life, I have modified my diet to eat more raw foods (delicious by the way!), I am exercising more and I am loosing weight. I look forward to seeing the results of my next tests. There should be a significant change in the results! I will report back and let you know.

I encourage you to watch the video and learn the truth for yourself, and order a copy to share with your friends and loved ones who are suffering, even dying from the ravages of diabetes. There is hope!


Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days
:

2 comments:

  1. I've been aware of this for a long time but, honestly, still can't go entirely raw or entirely non-meat either. BUT, my dogs have been fed entirely species-appropriate raw foods since 2001 and what a HUGE health benefit for them - huge!
    (you'll find my Google acct no longer exists -- I'm DianeS).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for you comment, Diane. I think what's most important is to creatively incorporate as many "live" foods as we can into our diet to maximum the nutrients we are getting out of our food.

    Although I am dedicated to eating more raw foods, I continue to enjoy a limited variety of gluten-free foods that are cooked, lightly steam vegetables and some seafood. I may eventually go completely raw. Most of the people I know who have gone completely raw, have done so over time and are thrilled with the health benefits and energy they now have.

    For readers who have dogs, can you share with us what raw food product(s) you are feeding your pets?

    ReplyDelete