Sunday, February 7, 2010

Search for the Best Local Gluten-Free Baked Goods

Although I rarely bake or eat pastries or desserts, I keep my eye open for the best gluten-free baked goods sold commercially, especially a firm, but moist slice of gluten-free bread I can toast.

A couple of months ago, my husband purchased a freshly baked loaf of Tarte Desserts & Bakery's Gluten-Free Multigrain Bread for me at Market of Choice. Visit Tarte's website for other locations. So far, Tarte's Multigrain is my favorite gluten-free "toasting" bread of all I have purchased to date. It freezes well. Rainbird also specializes in gluten-free buttermilk, white pumpernickel, ciabatta rolls and amaretto biscotti, has developed a line of gluten-free pastries and plans to open a gluten-free cafe. Tarte opened in October 2009. Rainbird advertises her business solely by word of mouth. S0, tell your friends!


Photo Credit: Trask Bedortha, Eugene Weekly

Read the full article about Tarte in Eugene Weekly featuring Tarte's owner Phoenix Rainbird in their Winter 2010 CHOW! publication. Tarte is located at 1037 Maxwell Road, Eugene, Oregon.

Do you live in Portland, Oregon? I highly recommend New Cascadia Traditionals - The Gluten-Free Artisans. Whenever I visit Portland, I look for them at the Portland State University Saturday Farmers Market to satisfy my carving for their rich, dark chocolate gluten-free brownie. Chris and Teresa's artisan breads, baked goods and gourmet desserts are incredible!! This past year they moved into a new location at 1700 SE 6th Avenue.

Where are you shopping for your gluten-free baked goods in your area? What are your favorite products? Any disappointments?

No comments:

Post a Comment